The Certificate in Physical Activity Instruction (PAI) is designed for students who have interest in studying courses with a major focus on theories and practices of physical activity instruction. Students will gain hands-on experience in analyzing, designing and leading a variety of physical activity interventions with appreciation of its relevance for a variety of career paths, including: health sciences, fitness and recreation, education, research and coaching.
REQUIREMENTS: Students currently registered in KPE must successfully complete 1.5 FCE from the PAI pathway, of which at least 0.5 FCE must be from the general category and at least 0.5 FCE must be from the specific category. Students will take the remaining 0.5 FCE from either category. Additionally, students must achieve a minimum of 70% in each PAI course used to be deemed eligible for the certificate.
- 0.5 FCE FROM PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INSTRUCTION - GENERAL CATEGORY
- 0.5 FCE FROM PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INSTRUCTION - SPECIFIC CATEGORY
- 0.5 FCE FROM PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INSTRUCTION - ANY CATEGORY
(Students may take the remaining 0.5 FCE from either the general or specific categories listed below.)
Note: Students do not have to apply for this certificate but must request the certificate with the Registrar's Office. The Registrar’s Office will confirm eligibility for the certificate upon graduation.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Individual courses may only count towards one identified BKin certificate in addition to counting towards the BKin degree.
- Students are limited to a maximum of three BKin certificates with their degree.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org.